86-10-66413202 / 86-10-66414640
Office of International Students Room 1507, International Students’ Apartment Central Conservatory of Music No.43, Baojia Street, Xicheng District, Beiijng, China, 100031
Announcement about CCOM Receiving the Foreign Master Degree Candidates in 2017
I. Application Conditions
1. With the Certificate of Graduation for Undergraduate and Bachelor Degree.
2. With the written recommendation of at least two associate professors or above or the scholars with equivalent title .
3. With good moral and health condition that is in line with the provisions of the physical examination standard.
4. With the Certificate of HSK Level 4.
1. Application Category:Self-paid full-time postgraduates
2. Intention for Specialized Discipline: Students can only apply for one specialized subject, and please see“附件 1”for information about specialized subjects and tutors. Download website:http://www.ccom.edu.cn/szc/jfjg/yjsb/zsxx/sszs/201607/P020160719706450301564.pdf
3. Application Date: March 10th to 20th, 2017
4. Application Website:http://yjs.ccom.edu.cn/
Ⅲ.Examination Method and Content
1. The following departments adopt the “major subject and interview" method
(1) Music Education Department: the content and requirement of the major subject are as the same as that of the full-time graduate students. Interview projects are as follows: solfeggio and ear training, chorus conducting, piano skills and mastery of music technology theory.
(2) Music Composition, Composition Theories and Electronic Music of the Composition Department: the content and requirement of the major subject are as the same as that of the full-time graduate students. Interview projects are as follows: a. introduce learning experience; b. talk about some celebrated international composers; c. talk about expectations to the studying in China; d. answer some questions about the written examination and the works submitted.
(3) Violin Making: the content and requirement of the major subject are as the same as that of the full-time graduate students. Interview projects are as follows: examinationof the basic knowledge of violin making and other relevant specialized knowledge.
Note: Please find“附件2”for information about the examination content and requirements of the specialized disciplines above, and the download website is:
Website of reference books:
2. The departments below only have the major subject examination
Orchestral Instruments Department，Vocal Voice and Opera Department (apart from Artistic Voice and Phoniatrics), Conducting Department, Piano Department, Traditional Instruments Department，Band Institute, and Ethnic Musical Instruments Discipline:
Please find“附件2”for information about the examination content and requirements of the specialized disciplines above, and the download website is:
3. The examination method and content of all the disciplines of the Musicology Department are as the same as that of the full-time graduate students (no examination to politics, foreign language and piano). Please enter the website below for more information:http://www.ccom.edu.cn/szc/jfjg/yjsb/zsxx/sszs/201607/P020160719706450417482.pdf
Note: All the materials submitted should be written in Chinese, or a Chinese abstract should be attached. Website of reference books:http://www.ccom.edu.cn/szc/jfjg/yjsb/zsxx/sszs/201607/P020160720414036644329.pdf
4. The examination method and content ofArtistic Voice and Phoniatrics are as the same as that of the full-time graduate students (no examinationof politics, foreign language and piano). Please enter the website below for more information:
IV: Examination Time and Location
1. The examination will be arranged on the beginning ofApril 2017, and the examination schedule will be published on the late days ofMarch 2017 on the following website:http://www.ccom.edu.cn/szc/jfjg/yjsb/zsxx/sszs/
2. The examination will be held at CCOM (Beijing).
V:Admission and Enrollment
The Conservatory will choose from a pool of candidates based on their applications as well as their examination performances. Letters of admission will be sent to them in paper in Jun. 2017, where they will read about the admission procedures.
New recruits are expected to enroll in Sept. 2017(the date will be announced until further notice).Upon arrival, they will receive a physical examination conducted by professionals designated by the Conservatory, and those who do not pass will not be enrolled.
VI. Study and Degree
1. The Master Degree program is full-time and lasts for three years.
2. Those who have got full credits and had their degree works, degree concerts and degree papers passed in accordance withRegulations of the People’s Republic of China on Academic Degreeswill receive PhD degrees.
VII. Accommodation and Tuition
An international student will need to pay a tuition fee of 43,000 RMB per academic year in full (the number may vary according to the possible new standards published by relevant Beijing authorities) at registration.
Apart from this, the student will also need to pay for housing and any other expenses that are not included in the tuition fee. He may consult the International Students’ Office about the housing issue（+8610-66414640）.